When the temperature is cooler, try this seasonal fruit salad for breakfast, served hot or cold. Dried fruits contain both soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
How to Make It
- Place all the dried fruits in a mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, vanilla bean, and orange zest and juice. Pour in ¾ cup of boiling water. Cover the bowl and set aside overnight.
- In the morning, transfer the contents of the bowl to a saucepan. Add the sugar and 2⁄3 cup of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer very gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.