This trail mix is lower in sugars than many shop-bought mixes. It’s worth keeping a small pot with you to nibble on during the day.
- Yield: 17 Servings (each 25 g/1 oz)
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Combine the almonds, pine nuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, banana chips, dates, oat bran and mixed spice in a large bowl and mix well.
- Lightly beat the egg white with a fork in a small bowl, then add to the nut mixture in the bowl, stirring to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8–10 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Leave to cool completely before serving. The trail mix will keep for up to 5 days stored in an airtight container.