This butter is an easy way to flavor grilled meat, fish, or vegetables. It freezes well for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Prepare the grill for cooking. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the lime zest, chile powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Cut a square of wax paper, about 6 in (15 cm) square. Put the butter in the middle of one edge of the paper and shape it like a sausage. Roll the butter sausage up in the paper, then twist the ends so the butter forms a tight shape. Leave in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before use (or freeze until needed).
- Cook the corn cobs in a large pan of boiling water for up to 5 minutes until the corn is tender (this will depend on the size and age of the cobs). Drain well, rub them in a little oil, and grill for 6 minutes over a hot barbecue, turning them frequently, until they are lightly charred on all sides.
- Serve the corn with a ½ in- (1 cm-) thick disk of the chilled butter on top to melt.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.