When I was in high school, I worked at the cutest coffee shop called Uncommon Ground. I loved that job. I often dream about opening my own little coffee shop someday. If I did, this latte would for sure be on my menu!
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Preparation Time: 3 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or butter-flavored coconut oil if dairy-free)
- 1¼ cups unsweetened cashew milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 3 tablespoons hot brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- special equipment (optional)
- Immersion blender
How to Make It
- Place the butter in a saucepan over high heat, stirring, until the butter froths and brown flecks begin to appear, about 5 minutes; this is browned butter. If using butter-flavored coconut oil, heat the oil just until melted.
- Reduce the heat to medium and slowly whisk in the cashew milk; it will sizzle as you add it to the browned butter. Heat until warmed through. (At Uncommon Ground, we heated it to between 145°F and 165°F.) Stir in the cocoa powder and sweetener. If desired, insert an immersion blender and blend until the mixture resembles a frothy latte, about 1 minute.
- Pour the espresso into a large mug. Add the hot milk mixture and stir well. Serve immediately, garnished with whipped cream and a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.