This simple, Louisiana-inspired rub instantly livens up any fish, and it’s particularly good with salmon. You can serve the salmon with a thinly-sliced onion, avocado, and cherry tomato salad for a light, flavorful dinner.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Combine the spices, thyme, sugar, and salt in a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder. Grind to a fine powder.
- Rub the mixture over both sides of the fish, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest in the refrigerator while you prepare the broiler.
- Preheat the broiler to its highest setting and line a grill pan with foil. Brush the fish with a little oil on both sides, being careful not to dislodge the spice rub, and broil for 3–4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- Once done, serve the grilled salmon on a plate with the onion, avocado, and cherry tomato salad.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.