This French salade tiède, or warm salad, is quick to cook and easy to assemble. Crunchy lettuce and garlicky chicken with a punchy dressing makes for a healthy dinner you can put together in minutes.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, about 5½ oz (150 g) each, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head of radicchio, torn into small pieces
- 9 oz ((250 g) asparagus spears, each frimmed and cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
How to Make It
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5−7 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Stir in the roasted red bell peppers, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, put the radicchio leaves in a large serving bowl. Remove the chicken from the pan using a slotted spoon and place in the bowl with the radicchio.
- Add the asparagus to the oil remaining in the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for 1–2 minutes, or until just tender. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil, the vinegar, and sugar, then pour into the pan and stir over high heat until well combined. Pour this dressing over the salad and toss quickly so that all the ingredients are well mixed and coated with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.