- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
How to Make It
- Put a medium heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the oil and, once hot, add the onion and cook for 5–6 min until softened.
- Add the ginger and turmeric and continue to cook for 2 min, stirring everything together. Then stir in the rice, ensuring it’s well coated in the flavoured oil.
- Pour in the coconut milk and 400 ml boiling water (fill the empty coconut milk can as a measure) and bring up to a simmer. Simmer for 5 min, then reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for a further 30–35 min until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the rice from the heat and fluff with a fork. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the coriander, if using.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.