Duck breast is pan-roasted to perfection and drizzled in a golden brown butter sauce with sage.
- Yield: 1 breast
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Pat duck breast skin dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of duck breast with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over high heat. When hot, place duck breast in the skillet, fat side down. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes, or until fat turns deep brown.
- Turn duck breast over and place the skillet in the oven. Roast, uncovered, for 9 to 11 minutes, or until desired internal temperature is reached.
- While duck breast cooks, cut radicchio in half. Remove and discard woody white core and thinly slice leaves. Set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Transfer duck breast, fat side up, to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
- Reheat the skillet over medium heat. Add unsalted butter and sage, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until butter is a deep golden brown. Remove from heat.
- After duck has finished resting, cut into 6 equal slices.
- Divide radicchio onto 2 plates. Top with slices of duck breast and drizzle with browned butter and sage sauce to serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.