Here is a salad to perk up your taste buds – try serving it with ham or spicy chicken, or stir some prawns or crab into it for a simple starter.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 1-cm/½-inch dice
- ½ cucumber, quartered, deseeded and cut into 1-cm/½-inch dice
- 2 slices fresh pineapple, about 15-mm/⅝ inch thick, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
How to Make It
- Put the yellow pepper, cucumber, pineapple, spring onions and chillies into a serving bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine the lime juice, jerk seasoning and oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir thoroughly. Scatter the coriander leaves over the top and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.