Add extra vegetables, such as lightly cooked peas or asparagus tips, to the sauce in keeping with its green theme.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 0.66 cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup fish stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skin-on hake fillets, approx, 5½ oz (150 g) each
- sauteed potatoes and green beans, to serve
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Gently cook the garlic for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Gradually add the wine, followed by the stock, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the parsley and simmer very gently over low heat for abut 5 minutes.
- Season the fish and add to the pan, skin-side down. Spoon some sauce over the top and cook for 2–3 minutes. Turn and cook for another 2–3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer to warmed plates and serve immediately with sauteed potatoes and green beans.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.