One way to make a meal more versatile or interesting is to try alternative cooking methods. Although the title of this recipe is Ham and Cheese Puffs, don’t let that limit you to only making these in a doughnut hole–shaped pan. A muffin tin and liners work perfectly. If you have nonstick pans in other shapes or countertop cooking appliances, such as a mini doughnut pan or a waffle maker, try a batch in each. Fun shapes keep things interesting!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a nonstick doughnut hole–shaped pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, and coconut oil.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder, and baking soda to the wet ingredients.
- Fold the ham and the cheese into the batter, making sure to break up any lumps. Fill the wells about three-quarters full with the batter. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. The puffs should be a light golden brown and dry throughout.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.