This chickpea and tahini dip is one of the most widely recognized of all Middle Eastern dishes. It tastes great with warm pita bread and sticks of carrot, cucumber, celery, and bell pepper.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, reserving 6 tablespoons of the liquid from the can. Put the chickpeas in a blender with 3 tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic, then blend until smooth and creamy. Add more of the liquid from the can, if required.
- Season with salt. Transfer hummus to a bowl, sprinkle with paprika, and drizzle with oil. Serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.