Sometimes you might still get the urge to have a sweet, comforting breakfast that reminds you of your childhood. This cereal recipe has a familiar cinnamon-crunch flavor, but is made without sugar and contains a ton of very necessary fiber!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (149°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut flakes, flax seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, cinnamon and sweetener. Mix for about 5 seconds, then add the water, followed by the melted butter. Blend until all ingredients are combined, and a smooth dough forms.
- Spread the dough onto the cookie sheet using a rubber spatula, making it as even as possible until it’s about ⅛ inch (3 mm) thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the heat and bake for 20 minutes longer. Turn off the oven and let the cereal cool inside, so it becomes extra crispy.
- When the cereal has fully cooled, remove it from the cookie sheet, peel off the parchment paper carefully, then cut into ½ inch (13 mm) squares.
- If it is still soft in the middle after cutting, place back on the tray and cook at 200°F (93°C) for another 10 minutes, and let it cool in the oven.
- Serve with unsweetened almond milk.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.