For the best flavor choose very fresh, crisp lettuce for this refreshing chilled soup. Peas are a good source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 4½ oz (125 g) peas (shelled weight)
- 1 small garlic clove
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 round heads of lettuce, torn into pieces and solid cores discarded
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¾ in (2 cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- handful of mint leaves
- ½ lemon juice
How to Make It
- Bring a small amount of water to a boil in a pan, add the peas, and cook for 1 minute. Drain (reserving the cooking water), cool under cold running water, and chill in the refrigerator.
- Halve the garlic clove and crush the halves with a pinch of coarse salt. Combine the garlic with all the other ingredients (except the peas) in a blender or food processor, adding just enough of the reserved cooking water to get the blades moving or until the desired consistency is achieved it is best if you can get it fairly smooth, with a bit of texture.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl and chill for 30 minutes. When ready to serve, stir in the cooked peas, leaving a few to garnish.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.