These can be adapted using a mixture of the seeds you like. Be sure to use the larger seeds for decorating.
- Yield: 45 to 50
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large bowl with your fingertips, or in a food processor using the pulse-blend setting, blend the flours, butter, and salt until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Mix in all the seeds.
- Dissolve the honey in ½ cup of warm water. Make a well in the flour and mix in the water to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead it briefly. Roll out as thinly as possible—aim for 1/24–1⁄12 in (1–2 mm) thick.
- Cut the dough into 1½ x 2½ in (4 x 6 cm) crackers. Leave on the work surface.
- Whisk the egg white with ½ tbsp of water and brush the crackers. Scatter with the additional pumpkin and sunflower seeds and gently press in.
- Transfer to 2 baking sheets using a metal spatula, and bake for 12–15 minutes, turning carefully halfway, or until both sides are crisp and golden brown. Let cool on their pans. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.