Take great care when shucking an oyster since the knife can slip all too easily. For safety’s sake, wrap your knife-free hand in a thick kitchen towel to protect it.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
How to Make It
- To prepare the oysters, discard any that have opened and do not close immediately when tapped on the work surface. Use an oyster knife, and hold the oysters over a bowl as you open them. Carefully shuck the oysters one by one, catching any liquid in the bowl and transferring the opened oysters in their shells and their liquid to the refrigerator as you go.
- Arrange the oysters on an oyster plate with ice, or pack 4 serving dishes with lots of crushed ice and place the oysters on top.
- Mix the vinegar and shallots together and put into a small dish. Place in the center of the oysters—or the middle of the table—and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.