This light and creamy chilled soup is enhanced with the addition of the nutty-flavored and protein-packed quinoa. Quick and easy to prepare, it’s the perfect summer lunch.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Rinse the quinoa under running water, drain, and place in a lidded saucepan. Cover with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15–20 minutes or until almost all the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from the heat, drain any remaining water, and set aside to cool.
- Scoop out the flesh from the avocados and place in a food processor. Add the peas, mint, and half the milk and pulse until smooth. Then add the remaining milk and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Divide the soup equally between four soup bowls. Top with equal quantities of the cooled quinoa. Garnish with some mint and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.