I love warm peaches and this is a super-quick sweet treat for the summer months when these fruits are at their best. It shouldn’t need any extra sweetness but if you find your fruit is on the sharp side you could add a little drizzle of honey if you fancy. Peachy!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Heat a griddle pan to medium – you don’t want it too hot or the peaches will burn on the cut side before they have softened slightly. Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones.
- Brush the cut side of each peach half with butter, then place them cut-side down on the griddle. Grill the peaches for 5 minutes, or until they lift off the griddle with ease and have definite char markings. Flip them over and cook skin-side down for another 5 minutes. Brush the cut side with butter again, then flip them over and cook them cut-side down for another 4–5 minutes. The peaches may be slightly firm in the middle but that’s fine.
- Remove the skins if you like – they should slip off very easily – then divide the peaches between 4 bowls or glasses.
- Top the peaches with the raspberries and crème fraiche. Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan, until very lightly coloured and sprinkle some over each serving. Add a drizzle of honey if you want a little extra sweetness. Serve immediately.