- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Heat a grill pan and rub the asparagus spears with the oil. Cook on the grill pan over medium heat for 5–7 minutes (depending on thickness), turning occasionally, until they are tender and charred in places. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- When the asparagus is nearly ready, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Crack an egg into a teacup and gently slide into the bubbling water. Repeat for all the eggs (using a teacup helps them maintain their shape). Poach the eggs in very gently simmering water for about 3 minutes until the white is set but the yolk is still runny. (The trick to perfect poached eggs is that they must be very fresh; this helps the white to stay together in a neat shape.)
- Transfer the asparagus to warmed plates, place an egg on top of each pile, and sprinkle with black pepper.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.