A fresh take on fish cakes, the peppers and quinoa add a whole new dimension to this quick recipe. Serve these easy-to-make cakes with a light tossed salad for a delicious and filling meal.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Place the salmon, quinoa, eggs, garlic, lemon zest, green bell peppers, and black pepper in a large bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into eight equal-sized portions. Gently form each portion into a patty-shaped cake. Place the cakes on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Gently place the cakes in the pan and fry for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove from the heat and serve hot with lemon wedges and a watercress salad.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.