- Yield: 3 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 300 g leftover roasted vegetables, such as potato, sweet potato and carrot
- 1 medium potato, microwaved and flesh scooped out
- 1 courgette, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 80 g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra 2 tsp for the dressing
- 150 g low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 80 g rocket, to serve
How to Make It
- Put the roasted vegetables in a large bowl and mash, leaving some texture. Add the cooked potato, courgette, pepper, feta, eggs, flour and half each of the chopped parsley and mint. Stir until well combined, then season with ground black pepper. Using clean hands, shape into 12 fritters.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat ½ tbsp olive oil over a medium-high heat. Put half the fritters in the pan and cook for 2–3 min on each side until golden and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining fritters, adding the remaining ½ tbsp olive oil as required.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the yogurt and mustard with the remaining herbs. In a separate bowl mix the 2 tsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Divide the fritters among 3 plates and serve with the herb yogurt and rocket dressed with the vinaigrette.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.