Also known as “zoodles” (zucchini noodles), the spaghetti-like ribbons of zucchini in this quick and enticing dish offer a healthy, carb- and gluten-free alternative to pasta.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
How to Make It
- Cut off a thin slice along the length of each zucchini (to keep them from rolling around), and place on a cutting board. Use a julienne peeler to slice the zucchini into thin ribbons, stopping and rotating each zucchini when you reach the seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, chile, and shrimp and sauté until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon dill.
- While the shrimp is cooking, blanch (briefly boil) the zucchini. Place enough water to cover the zucchini in a large saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Then add the zucchini, cook for 1 minute, and remove. Plunge the zucchini into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the zucchini, drizzle with the lemon juice and a little oil, and season to taste. Toss to mix, top with the shrimp, sprinkle over the remaining dill, and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.