These tasty Mexican-style canapés are simple to make. Assemble the stacks just before serving to keep them fresh.
- Yield: 50
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
For a Gluten-free option
- use gluten-free tortillas
How to Make It
- Cut at least 100 disks out of the tortillas with a 1¼ in (3 cm) pastry cutter. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Drop the tortillas into the oil, a handful at a time, and deep-fry until golden. Do not overcrowd the pan, or the tortillas will not crisp up properly. Remove them with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, put aside, and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados with half the lime juice, a dash of Tabasco, 3 tbsp of the chopped cilantro, the chopped onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
- When there are about 30 minutes left before serving, marinate the shrimp with the remaining lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro in a small bowl.
- To serve, pipe a little guacamole onto a tortilla using a piping bag with a small plain nozzle, top it with another tortilla, pipe more guacamole on top, and finish with a shrimp and a little of the remaining cilantro as a garnish.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.