Cooking the green vegetables quickly retains their color and texture. Butternut squash or pumpkin can be substituted for sweet potato and tofu for cashews.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into short lengths
- 1 sweet potato (approx 1 lb 5 oz/ 600 g), peeled and cut into walnut-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped lemongrass (or lemongrass puree)
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 14 oz (400 ml) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 6 oz (175 g) snow peas, trimmed
- 2 zucchini, cut into batonettes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz (115 g) raw cashews
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- squeeze of lime juice
- jasmine rice, to serve
- 1 fat red chile, seeded and cut into thin strips, to garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok. Add the scallions and stir-fry gently for 2 minutes until softened but not colored. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, curry paste, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the snow pea and zucchini batonettes in boiling water for 2–3 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Stir the snow peas and zucchini into the curry with the tomatoes, nuts, and cilantro. Spike with a squeeze of lime juice and simmer for 2 minutes until the tomatoes are softened slightly but still hold their shape. Spoon the curry over jasmine rice served in bowls and garnish with strips of red chile.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.