This colorful salad requires very little cooking. Toss with the dressing at the last minute to prevent wilting.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 14 oz (400 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
- 3½ oz (100 g) beansprouts
- 1 large carrot, shaved using a vegetable peeler
- 6 in (15 cm) piece of cucumber, seeded and finely sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely sliced
- yellow bell pepper, finely sliced approx, 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- small handful of mint leaves, chopped
- small handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1¾ oz (50 g) salted peanuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make It
- Poach the chicken in a large saucepan in plenty of simmering salted water or chicken stock for 7–10 minutes, depending on thickness, until cooked through. Let cool, then thinly slice.
- Whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, a pinch of salt, and the red pepper flakes (if using) together, until the sugar dissolves.
- Mix together the salad vegetables, most of the herbs, and the chicken. Mix in the dressing and scatter with the remaining herbs and the peanuts (if using), to serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.