This Valencian version of the Neapolitan pizza is given a juicy topping of greens finished with a Middle Eastern sprinkling of pine nuts, raisins, and olive oil.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
For the Topping
How to Make It
- Sift the flour with a little salt into a warm bowl. Dissolve the yeast in ¼ cup warm water, sprinkle with a little flour, and leave for about 15 minutes to froth.
- Make a well in the flour, then pour in the oil and the yeast mixture. Draw the flour into the liquid and knead the dough into a smooth ball. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap or wipe with an oiled palm, and leave in a warm place for 1–2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Wash the spinach, drain all but a little water, and cook it sprinkled with a little salt in a lidded pan. As soon as the leaves start to wilt, remove from the heat, squeeze dry, and chop roughly. Set aside.
- Knead the dough well to distribute the air bubbles and cut in half, then pat or roll each piece into a round about ½ in (1 cm) thick. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet, top with the spinach, sprinkle with garlic, pine nuts, and raisins, drizzle with a little olive oil, and leave for 10 minutes to proof.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until the crust is puffy and blistered at the edges.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.