Tenderloin is a very lean cut of beef, and has very little fat running through it. This means that it is a very good choice in a balanced diet.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Rub the steaks with the oil and season well with salt and pepper. Pan-fry or grill over high heat until cooked as you like. For rare, allow 2–3 minutes each side; for medium, 3–4 minutes each side; and for well done, 4–5 minutes each side. Allow the meat to rest for about 5 minutes, loosely covered with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to its highest setting. Brush each steak on one side with a thin layer of mustard, then sprinkle with an even layer of the sugar
- Broil the steaks for a minute or two only, until the sugar has melted and caramelized over the top. You don’t want to cook them any further, just to create a great glazed effect.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.