Radicchio has a pleasing, slightly bitter flavor and is refreshing in salads. In this Italian recipe, it is cooked and gently caramelized until richly bitter-sweet.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil, add the scallion and garlic, and cook over medium heat until softened and golden.
- Spread the radicchio in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn it over using tongs and cook for another 3 minutes. Season. Add about 3–4 tablespoons of cold water, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat, then add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Cook for 2–3 minutes, turn the radicchio over, and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.