These delicious burgers are a great alternative to meat, and contain protein and lots of vitamins and iron.
- Yield: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
For a Gluten-free option
- use gluten-free bread crumbs
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook the onion, celery, carrot, and zucchini for 5 minutes over medium heat until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Cool.
- Put the beans in a bowl and mash with a potato masher to the texture you desire. Add the vegetables, bread crumbs, and herbs, and mix.
- Use damp hands to form eight 2½ in (6 cm) patties, pressing them lightly between your palms. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 3–4 minutes on each side, turning carefully, until browned and crispy. Serve warm with ketchup.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.