- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 90 g quick cook brown rice
- Spray oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 20 g piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced if fresh (see right), plus extra to garnish
- 1 aubergine, cut into small chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 3 tbsp balti paste
- 400 g can no added salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 150 low-fat natural yogurt, plus 2 tbsp to serve
How to Make It
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the spring onions, ginger, garlic and kaffir lime leaves. Cook, stirring, for 5 min.
- Add the aubergine and carrot, stirring to combine, then cook for 5 min. Add the balti paste and the tomatoes and stir. Add the sweet potato and 200 ml water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15–20 min until the sweet potato is soft, then stir through the chilli, reserving a little to garnish. Remove the curry from the heat and stir through the yogurt.
- Serve the curry with the rice. Drizzle each serving with 1 tbsp yogurt and garnish with extra kaffir lime leaves and the reserved chilli.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.