This fresh cheese made from strained yogurt is served as a mezze dish in the Middle East. It is good sprinkled with herbs or spices and served with toasted flatbreads.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Stir the yogurt and salt together until evenly combined. Spoon onto a large square of cheesecloth, then gather together the 4 corners and tie the top of the bundle with string, to make a bag.
- Suspend the bag over a bowl and leave for at least 12 hours for the whey to drip through.
- Remove the strained yogurt from the cheesecloth, shape into a ball, and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.