- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the frozen shredded cheese in a food processor and chop it into tiny pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar until very stiff peaks form. Sprinkle the chopped frozen cheese on top of the whites. Then, with a rubber spatula, very carefully fold the cheese into the egg whites, being sure not to disturb the fluffy whites while still thoroughly spreading the cheese throughout.
- Carefully place the mixture into a large sealable plastic bag, then cut a ½-inch hole in one corner of the bag. Gently squeeze the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in strips about 2½ inches long and ½ inch wide. Lightly sprinkle the top of each puff with the taco seasoning.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. The longer you can bake them, the crispier they will be, but don’t let them get too brown. For even crispier puffs, turn off the oven and leave them in the oven for at least 30 more minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed, airtight container for up to 7 days. Best eaten fresh.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.