Celebrate the first of new season’s asparagus with this easy appetizer. You can use only green asparagus, or include white and purple spears.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Trim the asparagus. In a large frying pan, add water to a depth of 2 in (5 cm) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add a little salt. Blanch the asparagus, starting with the white and purple spears, if using, for 7 minutes. Then add the green spears and cook for another 3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Dry the pan and add the oil. Cook the asparagus in a single layer, in batches, for 5 minutes, until a little charred. Remove from the pan and arrange them on plates.
- Place a generous tablespoon of aïoli on each plate and scatter with the basil, dill, and tomato. Season with a little pepper and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.