Fresh from the Med, this vibrant meal is one power-packed vitamin pill!
- Yield: 2 Servings (as a light meal)
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Put pumpkin and onion in prepared pan and spray with cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add peas to pan and cook for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a sieve and rinse under cold water. Set aside. Add barley to water in pan and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add peas, parsley and mint to barley with dressing. Toss to combine. Add pumpkin and onion and toss gently to combine. Divide salad between shallow bowls. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.