Bacon, chorizo, and pancetta are all excellent to serve with pan-fried scallops.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
How to Make It
- Heat a frying pan and add the bacon. Cook over medium heat until the bacon is brown and frazzled. Lift on to a plate.
- Remove the roe from the scallops, if present. Fry the scallops in the bacon fat for 1–2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Do not put too many in the pan at once, because they will not brown. Lift onto a plate.
- Reduce the heat in the pan and fry the roes, if using; these are likely to pop in the hot fat. They are cooked when they are firm.
- Return the scallop muscles and bacon to the pan and add the parsley and the lemon juice. Season, and serve with arugula leaves.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.