Swordfish has long been caught off the coasts of Sicily, where it is very popular. Use only sustainable swordfish. Its firm meaty texture makes it perfect for grilling and broiling.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
For the Salmoriglio Sauce
How to Make It
- For the sauce, place the lemon zest and juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and chile powder in a bowl, mix well, and season. Whisk in the oil and 2 tablespoons of cold water and the oil. Brush the steaks with half the sauce and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler to high, or preheat a griddle pan. Broil or grill the steaks for 3–4 minutes only on each side, or until just cooked through but still moist in the center, since swordfish tends to get dry quickly.
- To serve, cut each steak in half and spoon over the remaining sauce. Season with a little extra pepper, scatter with the snipped herbs, and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.