This dish gives Middle Eastern bulgur wheat a Mediterranean character.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
How to Make It
- Pour the bulgur wheat into a large heatproof bowl, then pour in just enough boiling water to cover—about 1¼ cups. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, and stir well with a fork to fluff up the grains. Add the tomato juice, a little at a time, until the bulgur has absorbed all the juice. Let stand for a few minutes between each addition—the bulgur will absorb quite a lot of moisture.
- Now add the capers and olives, taste, and season again if needed.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.