Because eggs are omitted from this recipe, this modern take on semifreddo has a firm texture—this also means that it keeps for much longer in the freezer.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1¾ cups full-fat Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp honey, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 large grated orange zest
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsalted and skinned pistachios, finely chopped
How to Make It
- Line a 1 lb (450 g) loaf tin with plastic wrap. Beat the yogurt, honey, and orange zest in a large bowl until smooth and well combined. In a separate bowl, beat the cream to form soft peaks and carefully fold into the yogurt mixture. Fold in three quarters of the pistachios.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 6 hours. Then remove from the freezer, take off the plastic wrap, and invert the pan over a large serving plate. Shake the pan lightly, if needed, to release the semifreddo.
- Peel off the plastic wrap. Sprinkle with the reserved pistachios and a drizzle of honey, if desired, and serve immediately. You can store the semifreddo, covered in the freezer, for up to 3 months.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.