Bentonite clay is a type of clay found in volcanic ash. When it was first discovered, researchers weren’t familiar with its remarkable properties and this clay was just like any other clay. However, a research conducted in 1961 changed the view of people, in which the researchers found out the different uses of this clay such as the absorption of toxins and transporting them out of the body. It takes away all the toxins present in the body and also provides the body with some important minerals as it affects the body’s pH.
|Name in Other Languages
||Greek: Bentonítis (μπεντονίτης)
Chinese: Bān tuō tǔ (斑脱土)
Portuguese: Bentonita, tipo de mineral
Turkish: Bentonit, yumuşak balçık, volkanik küllü balçık
Italian: Bentonite (tipo di minerale)
French: Bentonite, minéral argileux gonflant au contact de l’eau
Japanese: Bentonaito (ベントナイト)
Swedish: Bentonit (mineral)
- Calcium bentonite
- sodium bentonite
- Potassium bentonite
- Heal Eczema
- Dermatitis & Psoriasis
- Improves Digestion
- Improves the Health of Teeth and Gums
- Bug Bites and Rashes
- Reducing Acid Levels in the Body
- Purifies Water
- Baby Powder Alternative
- Immune System Support
- Improves Skin
- Soothe Diaper Rashes
- Heal burns and cuts
- Get soft and shiny locks
- Good for tired and puffy eyes
- Helps in Cleansing the Colon
- Armpit Detox
- Increases Circulation
- Detoxifying bath – Add ¼ cup of clay to your bath water along with some lavender essential oil for a relaxing and detoxifying bath that will leave your skin smooth and refreshed
- Toothpaste – Mix a little clay with your regular toothpaste. The clay will help draw toxins out of your oral cavity. You can even mix ½ teaspoon of clay in with a 1/4 cup of water and use as a rinse to draw impurities from your mouth.
- Baby powder – To ease the soreness and inflammation of a rash, sprinkle a little clay on your baby. You can also mix some clay with a little water to form a healing mask for the sore area.
- Fight off morning sickness – Pregnant women who find themselves a bit queasy may get relief when they take ½ teaspoon of clay in water a couple times a day.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons of Fuller’s earth with 1 tablespoon rose water, 1 teaspoon honey, and 2-3 drops of tea tree oil. Mix well, and apply to cleansed face evenly.
- Mix 1 ½ tablespoon of clay with 1 tablespoon rose water. Mash up a 2 inch piece of cucumber, or use a mixer to do this, and add it to the mud-rose water paste. Apply this mask to your face to soothe the skin instantly.
- On the Skin: Apply a paste of bentonite clay and water on any skin irritation like blemishes, insect bites, cuts, skin itching, or burns. You can leave it on until it dries for 5 – 15 minutes before washing it off. This is very calming to skin itching from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, etc.
- Skin Poultice for Bites/Burns/Cuts/Stings: For more severe issues, simply create a poultice by putting a thick layer of clay on the skin and applying a wet gauze or cloth over it. You can also wrap the area and leave the poultice on, changing every 2 hours.
- Face Mask: For smooth and healthy skin, make a paste of bentonite and water and apply to your face as a mask (a similar mask is used in many spas). You can leave it on for 20 – 40 minutes and wash off. It’s so safe and effective you can y do this once or three times a week.
- Detox Bath: Wanna detox your entire body? Simply add about 1/4 cup of Bentonite Clay to a bath for a relaxing detox bath that softens skin.
- For Oral Health: Due to its excellent ability to bind to heavy metals and toxins as well as to provide minerals, It can even be used as toothpaste for brushing your teeth and is tasteless.
- Oral Rinse to whiten teeth: Simply mix with water to act as an alkalizing and toxin removing mouth rinse. Just mix 1/2 teaspoon of clay in 1/4 cup water in a small cup with lid and shake well. Rinse month with solution for 1-2 minutes and repeat until it’s all used up.
- For Mastitis: Create a poultice or mask of Bentonite Clay and water and applied externally to the area. You can repeat as needed every hour until the infection is gone. You can also take it internally during infection along with 2000mg of Vitamin.
- For Baby Powder: Avoid using those harmful talcum powders. Plain Bentonite Clay makes a very soothing baby powder for use when there is a diaper infection or redness. It can also be made into a clay “mask” to help speed recovery in this area.
- For Internal Cleansing: Looking for an internal detox? Pour 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Bentonite Clay in 8 ounces of water, mix and drink.. This can also improve digestion in addition to giving you more energy.
- For Pets: For fur kids who are sick, vomiting or showing signs of illness, you can add Bentonite to their water or mix and give orally with a dropper or syringe without the needle. We have witness several cases where this helped pets recover quickly from what could otherwise have been serious illnesses.
- It is a very good sealer and is used to seal ponds, ditches, dams and lagoons.
- Since it has the ability to fight with toxin, it can also be used to prevent toxins and wastes from destroying the soil and your garden. This ability also makes it a purifier of contaminated water from toxins.
- Bentonite clay is used as a pet litter absorbent.
- It is used to make detergents crayons, paints, dyes, polishes and paper
- Its industrial uses are also unlimited. It is used in oil and gas industries for fluid drilling and in iron ore pelletizer for sand casting processes. For the same reasons, it is also used in foundries.
- Sodium bentonite is used for oil exploration, sealing of disposal systems for nuclear fuels and various other harmful chemicals.