- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
- ¾ cup potato starch flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup garbanzo and fava flour
- ¼ cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 0.33 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sugar
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray (without flour). In small bowl, stir together all flours, 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In food processor, place egg, oil, ¼ cup water, the vinegar and both gums. Process 2 minutes. Add flour mixture; process 1 minute or until well mixed. Remove dough from food processor.
- Place 1 cup of dough in medium bowl. Stir in walnuts and ¼ cup sugar; set aside. Press remaining dough (about 2 cups) in bottom and up side of pie plate.
- In 3-quart saucepan, place apples, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, the cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Add to apple mixture; cook and stir about 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Pour filling into crust. Crumble walnut dough evenly over filling.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until crust is medium brown and filling is bubbly. Cool pie before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.