Most juice-based cold and flu remedies are mixtures of lemon juice, honey, and cayenne. This carrot juice blend is an interesting alternative to the ubiquitous (albeit highly effective) lemon juice tonics. Loaded with some of the top immunity-boosting foods, this tonic packs a fiery punch, and is yummy to boot.
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until everything is completely pulverized.
- Drink this straight, chilled, or over ice. You can also strain it through a fine-mesh sieve first (the cayenne will be a lot milder when strained). Green alkalaid
- You can make juice in your blender in minutes. I drink this alkalizing juice almost every week for an amazing pick-me-up. You may need to add more water, depending on the size of your fruit. And if you like sweet juice, add an extra apple. The cayenne is extremely cleansing, but add it with a light hand or this baby might blow your head off!
- 1 cup (240 ml) water or coconut water, plus more as needed
- 2 cups (54 g) loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 small lemons, peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 green apples, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plue more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, plus more to taste (optional)
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and puree on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth. Add more water as needed until you have the consistency of a thin smoothie; if you’re using 2 apples, you’ll definitely need more water.
- Tweak flavors to taste (you may want more stevia and cayenne). Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and drink chilled or over ice.