The Caesar avocado dressing gives this salad favorite a new level of creminess and flavor.
- Yield: 6 Servings
For the Caesar Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Gluten-free croutons, if desired
How to Make It
- To make the Caesar avocado dressing, in a food processor or blender, combine avocado, garlic cloves, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until a smooth purée forms. Drizzle in the olive oil while running the food processor until an emulsified dressing forms. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble the salad, toss together chopped romaine lettuce, grated Parmesan, and cherry tomatoes. Add in gluten-free croutons, if desired. Drizzle desired amount of avocado Caesar dressing on top of the salad and toss to coat all ingredients.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.