Using baked polenta to make the crunchy croutons for this perennially popular salad gives it a twist by providing extra texture to complement the succulence of the chicken and the freshness of the lettuce.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
For the Dressing
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the polenta and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, turning over the polenta cubes occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor and pulse until emulsified into a thick and creamy dressing. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a large bowl and blend well with a handheld blender. Season with pepper, mix well to combine, and set aside.
- Place the lettuce, chicken, and cheese in a large bowl and toss lightly to combine. Drizzle over the dressing, a little at a time, and toss until well coated. Arrange the salad on a serving dish and scatter the polenta croutons over it. Sprinkle over some Parmesan and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.