This sauce from the Piedmont region of Italy, where wild mushrooms, including truffles, grow in abundance. Mushrooms have good amounts of trace minerals.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
How to Make It
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the livers and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, place on a plate lined with paper towels, and set aside.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook until soft. Then add the mushrooms and tomato paste and stir to combine. Stir in the Marsala and shake the pan lightly to mix through.
- Return the livers to the pan and mix well to coat with the sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed, and add a little of the reserved soaking water if the sauce seems too thick. Serve hot with tagliatelle mixed with a little truffle oil.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.