- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch strips
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 whole wheat pita breads or whole wheat rolls
How to Make It
- Grate lemon peel; measure 1 to 2 teaspoons. Juice lemon; measure ¼ cup. Combine lemon peel and 1 tablespoon juice in small bowl. Set ¼ teaspoon garlic aside. Add remaining garlic, 1 teaspoon oregano and chili powder to lemon peel mixture; stir to combine. Rub chicken with lemon peel mixture.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon garlic, remaining ½ teaspoon oregano, oil and anchovies in large bowl. Add lettuce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss.
- Spray cold grid with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for direct grilling. Place chicken on grid 3 to 4 inches above medium-hot coals. Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes. Turn chicken; grill 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Arrange salad on 4 large plates. Slice chicken; fan on each salad. Serve with pita breads.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.