Chermoula is a classic North African marinade for seafood, but it also pairs well with grilled meats. In Morocco, it is used liberally in tagines.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
For the Marinade
How to Make It
- For the marinade, place the garlic, red chile, and coarse salt in a mortar and pestle and pound until they form a paste. Add the cilantro and parsley and pound to a coarse paste. Add the cumin and paprika, then pour in the oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Place the cutlets in a dish. Rub the marinade over the lamb and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Season the tomatoes and drizzle with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cilantro, and mint. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to its highest setting. Remove the cutlets from the marinade and broil for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and crisp. Serve the lamb with the tomato salad on the side.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.