- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2¼ oz (80 g) cooked sweetcorn
- 2 oz (60 g) carrots, peeled, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 Nutri-Brex Original Gluten Free Cereal Bix, crumbled
- 2 free-range eggs
- a small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for frying
- steamed spinach, tzatiki or a poached egg, to serve
How to Make It
- Combine the sweetcorn, carrot, spring onion and Nutri-Brex Bix in a bowl. Add the eggs and stir to combine. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and warm 1 tbsp olive oil. Scoop up a heaped dessertspoon of the batter and ease it into the sizzling oil. Continue with the rest of the batter, but don’t overfill the pan as you won’t be able to flip them. When the underside has formed a crust and is starting to brown, flip over the pancake and cook for another minute. Slide off onto a kitchen towel to drain while you cook the rest of the fritters. Serve with spinach, tzatiki or a poached egg.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.