- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14 oz (400 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5½ oz (150 g) fine French beans, cut into 3-cm/1¼-inch pieces
- 2 pints (1.2 litres) reduced-salt chicken stock
- 5½ oz (150 g) dried wholemeal egg noodles
- small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, until soft but not brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken to the pan with the beans, stock and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan, return to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the noodles are just tender. Garnish the soup with coriander leaves and serve immediately.