- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 21 oz (600 g) tinned chopped tomatoes
- a pinch of caster sugar
- 10 oz (280 g) baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 14 oz (400 g) farfalle pasta
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 oz (120 g) grated mozzarella
- 4 thyme sprigs, roughly torn, to garnish
- a small handful of basil leaves, roughly torn, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan set over a medium heat until hot. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt, sweating for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, plum tomatoes and the sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook gently over a low heat until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 5. Cook the farfalle in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water for 8-10 minutes until 'al dente'.
- Drain well and add to the sauce, stirring to coat. Spoon into a large baking dish and top with the sliced chicken and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes, before serving with a garnish of the herbs on top.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.