Dip strawberries in rich, dark chocolate for a treat that may help lower the risk of heart disease and stroke, and also prevent memory loss.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
How to Make It
- Wash and dry the strawberries well. Try to leave the hulls in, since this makes the finished fruit easier to pick up.
- Put the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Stir frequently and remove it as soon as it melts.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Hold each strawberry by its leaves and dip the end in the chocolate, so half of the fruit is covered in chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off back into the bowl, then place the strawberries on the baking sheet, making sure they do not touch each other.
- Put in a cool place to set. These should be served the same day, since the chocolate will soften if the strawberries are overripe, or if they are kept in the refrigerator for too long.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.